Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Application Time.

So, my dad apparently is on the mailing list for Fanfare (SCGSAH monthly newsletter) and then I saw this link that said 2009-2010 application and started flipping out and made him click on it. The link did not work and I had to sit impatiently at the kitchen table until he got off. Then I went to the govie school website and looked at the glorious PDF file that looks *ta dah* exactly like the one I used last year. But still. It has like, different dates on it and stuff.

I would advise everyone to go check out the personal essay topic so we can grouse about how they could have chosen a million interesting things and instead chose something that's just...well, lame.

Also, the little environmentalist inside me says not to print out the application because you're just getting one in the mail, anyway, and that would be a huge waste of paper and ink.

SO EXCITED AND ALSO SO NERVOUS AT THE SAME TIME BECAUSE WHILE I WAS PREVIOUSLY THINKING ABOUT GETTING IN, I'M NOW THINKING ABOUT NOT GETTING IN AND HOW TRAGEDIES THAT WOULD BE...

EVERYTIME I TYPE IN CAPS LOCK,
ee cummings kills a kitten. :(

So let's get working on that lame-o essay.
-Anna

8 comments:

Caroline said...

really bizarre, because I was just (literally, maybe an hour ago) thinking about how I hope the essay topic doesn't suck this year because last time I got a residential application it was, 'name a time you took a risk, be it academic or artistic, and the results of that risk on your development as an artist and a person'.

*throws up*

I hope it's not that.
Ag... going to check that out now.
:/

emilea said...

i kind of like the topic...as in it's better than what caroline has said. but overall this is pretty darn sucky. and because we're creative writing students they're going to expect us to be, like, amazing. as in pulitzer prize winning i assume.

this is nuts. i officially hate this. /my life. *uggggggh* but i'll work on the essay and get this done because i want to go. and...yeah. i have some doubts about going. but it'll all work out. eventually.

much love. and stress,
emilea
p.s. okay, maybe not stress...

Caroline said...

kay, so...
what is the topic? I can't pull up the pdf because my computer is posessed.

help me?

emilea said...

"Many observers of our society claim that modern people, immersed in materialism, are “owned by
their objects.” Many of us, however, have objects that we treasure not just for their material value but for a variety of other
reasons. Describe an object that is important to you. Explain what values it represents and comment on those values."

i'm thinking of using my first writing award. would that be too snobbish? maybe?

emilea

Caroline said...

OMG!
I'm with Anna, sorry.

That is ridiculously tragedies.

emilea said...

ridiculous tragedy? yes. is it something to easy to write 500-1000 words on? pretty much. i'm just glad it's not... what's your favorite animal and why kind of thing that would be seriously depressing.

much love,
emilea

Heather said...

hehe. Emilea sounds confused on the whole tragedies front. And I think the whole thing is way lame and contributes to the largely expanding world-suck, because as much a packrat as I am, I have not material possessions that are worth writing about and that mean that much to me. Except maybe one that I can't even find (*tears*) and wouldn't merit essay-length writing.

emilea said...

: - ( so sorry heather. maybe i could write about my favorite pillow case. i've had it forever. and i love it. it's pretty and light blue and comfy and i love it.

what is tragedy is... i would have said my life, but i'm actually coming out of the rough patch of all this ridiculous weirdness weird boy is throwing my way. just..oh my goodness. ridiculousness.

but i love you guys,
emilea